HOME: The Block winners Brad Cranfield and Lara Welham.The Block winners Brad Cranfield and Lara Welham are back home after a whirlwind of media attention since they won the Channel 9 reality renovation show on July 1.
The East Maitland couple had more than 60 interviews the day after their $606,000 win was televised and Mr Cranfield said it was an unreal experience.
“It was pretty crazy, the interviews started at 5.20am and went until 4.30pm and were spaced every five to 10 minutes,” he said.
Their terrace house went to auction on the Saturday night and they had to keep the big secret about their win until it was televised the next day.
“We had 30 to 40 friends and family come to Melbourne from Brisbane, Sydney and Newcastle to watch the show on Sunday night with us and I was excited to see their reaction,” Ms Welham said.
“They were so excited for us.”
The couple, both aged 30, appeared on The Footy Show last week, and have also been interviewed by radio hosts Eddy McGuire and Kyle and Jackie O.
“It was great to be interviewed by them, they are people we listen to all the time, so it was a bit surreal,” Ms Welham said.
“We got back to [East Maitland] at 1am on Friday morning and when we went to Charlestown and Kotara that day for a quick shopping trip people kept coming up to us and talking to us and getting photos with us,” Ms Welham said.
“It was sweet.”
The couple will keep their day jobs and look for land near Maitland for their dream home.
The house is in three pieces
and has been stored at Rutherford since they had it moved from Merewether.
This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.