AUTHORITIES might take action against a Stawell property owner after fire-fighters extinguished an out-of-control burn-off twice.
苏州美甲美睫培训

About 20 fire-fighters were called to a large rubbish fire at the rear of a Smith Street, Stawell, industrial property about 5pm on Monday.

The property owner was burning off rubbish including heavy sleepers, timber and pallets.

Country Fire Authority District 16 duty officer Ian Morley said the blaze had grown beyond the man’s means.

“There was no real threat to neighbouring properties but there was a concern the fire might spread to another large pile of pallets on the site,” he said.

Fire crews extinguished the fire and were at the scene for two to three hours.

Authorities were called to the property again just after 10.30pm because the fire had reignited.

The fire brigade officer-in-charge requested heavy equipment to pull the fire apart and Northern Grampians Shire Council officers called in a contractor.

Fire crews were at the scene for three to four hours.

The property owner also helped.

Mr Morley said authorities were considering possible action against the property owner, such as recovering costs for the heavy equipment hire.

He said the fire was an important reminder for people to check fire regulations and keep their properties tidy.

“Even outside the fire season, there are rules for burn-offs,” he said.

“People must have a sufficient break around their property and notify neighbours so they are aware of what is going on.

“People should not leave a fire unattended and should have fire extinguishing equipment.”

Mr Morley said people could register burn-offs by calling 1800 668 511.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on 苏州美甲美睫培训.