TRINITY’S first XV returned to the field last Saturday for round nine, with the ACTJRU competition resuming after a four week layoff due to the July School holiday period. Trinity travelled away and met Radford College for the second time this season.

Trinity travelled away and met Radford College for the second time this season.

The last time the two sides met back in round four, Trinity came away with 45–14 victory, scoring seven tries to two along the way.

It was almost ‘Ground Hog Day’ at Radford, with the visitors notching a 50–14 win, scoring seven tries to two.

A four week hiatus didn’t seem to upset Trinity’s performance. In fact it had a positive effect on the team. The time off allowed the boys to refresh and get over their niggling injuries. All players have returned fit and healthy, which allowed them to field almost a full strength side.

Trinity was first to score through the boot of five-eighth George Hewitt, who kicked a penalty goal. Hewitt managed to kick seven from eight attempts at goal during the afternoon.

Jye Winters was rewarded with the first try after some determined running.

Winters managed to bump off a number of attempted tackles, stay on his feet and drive over beside the uprights.

Fullback Jack Worman scored a hat-trick of tries and proved to be a menace whenever he got the ball. However, this didn’t seem to stop Radford from kicking the ball in his direction.

Worman’s first try came from a Radford kick which was fielded by inside centre Harry Cummins. Cummins passed the ball to Worman who gladly counter attacked. A weaving run finished sixty metres down field when he dived over the opposition line to score Trinity’s second.

Radford put some good phases of play together and the Trinity players started to fall off some tackles. Radford’s five-eighth sensed a switch in momentum and ran in a clever converted try.

Hooker Nicholas Cooley led from the front with some strong runs up the middle. Cooley was rewarded for his hard work when he drove over to score Trinity’s third try, making the score 22-7 at the break. Four more tries in the second half secured a dominant win for the visitors.

Centre Harry Cummins scored after a trademark rampaging run. Worman scored twice more with long range efforts while number eight Jonathon Cudaj crashed over for his own five-pointer. Radford scored a late consolation try, again to their classy five eight. Trinity cemented second spot on the table with a 50–14 win.

They’ll be well and truly tested over the next two weeks. First the boys meet the third placed St Edmunds College at home on Saturday and then the undefeated competition leaders Marist College at Wexted on August 11 at 1.45pm.

The results in these two matches will determine where the teams finishes on the competition table.

Follow @GoulburnPost

OPEN SPACE: Inside centre Harry Cummins makes a bust.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on 苏州美甲美睫培训.